Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Catching Up...MTC to Arrival!

Oh my goodness!

I'm trying to catch up on everything that has happened...
So on my P-Day I went to the Aquarium in Draper with with some of my children, friends and my grand daughter McKenzie.
It was amazing to see all the different kinds of sea life. We had fun walking across the rope bridge;
and I think that my grand daughter McKenzie loved it the most! She was so excited to be there and I was loving being with her.
We stopped by Liberty Park for some mother-daughter time while McKenzie enjoyed playing on the slides and swings.
I sure do wish that I had had  better communication skills when my children were younger and especially when they were teenagers.(sorry kids)But oh how I love to talk with them now. I love you my dearest children!

Farewell talk! I was so nervous! When I walked into the chapel I gave my older brother Bryan a hug and said to him, "What am I doing"? He replied, "I don't know, I've been asking that your whole life".

Well I'm sure he's not alone in that question. But what I do know is that I don't fit a typical mold. I live by the spirit and sometimes not. I haven't mastered hearing His voice in all things but I'm for sure getting better and oh, how I dearly love my Savior with all of my heart.
 















 I want to especially thank my children, Zachary, Houston, Maddison and Taylor for all your love and support and for making the sacrifice to come into town. I cherish the times we spent together. I love each one of you more than my words can express. 

Our Heavenly Father is a God of miracles! Sister Johnson was a young missionary serving in Kiribati with me. She was very ill at one point on her mission. She had developed Septicemia. That's an infection in the bloodstream. We traveled to Fiji for more intensive care where she was admitted to the Suva Private Hospital. By the power of the priesthood blessings, fasting and the great care from her doctor she fully recovered. Most importantly was the faith of this young sister missionary. I love you Sister Johnson!  Her and her mother Robin and sister Sara came too.

Week two was spent downtown with the senior mission medical team. They are awesome!
The Drakes spent so much time teaching us and making sure that all of us were equipped with the tools that we would need to see to the medical needs of the missionaries that would be in our care in our individual missions. Thank you, thank you! Elder and Sister Drake. I loved their enthusiasm and their love of serving gave me a spiritual charge every day that we met.

Well, with my training finished I was blessed to have a couple of more days to spend with some more family and friends.

Farewell dinner with some of my family. Oh how I dearly love you all! Thank  you!!
I'm indebted to my best friend Marci, Thank you for showing me how to be the best I can through the power of true discipleship! Putting God first and for always telling me that I can do hard things. I love her so much! Saying goodbye is so dang hard!

 





















Thank you to my cousin Rebecca and my Aunt Joy for letting me stay in her home. I love you!
Next stop on my way to the airport, lunch with my darling daughter Maddison and one last hug, I didn't want to let go of her!

Well, here I am bags and all, off to care for the wounded warriors of God's Army.
 How humbled I am to be a servant and disciple of our Savior Jesus Christ. I testify that He lives and that ALL things are possible to the one who believes in Him.
He is my Savior, my King, and my Redeemer. I love you Him with everything and all that I am!
May He bless each on of your lives as you turn to Him for your needs. Thank you to everyone who has helped me to fulfill this mission. I know that I have not made this journey alone. 

To all who have or will continue to help support me in this mission I graciously and humbly say thank you and pray that the blessing of Heaven will be poured down upon you and your families for your sacrifice to help me serve this mission.
I love you and I love my Savior!

Love,
Sister Cassita

Samoa Apia Mission
P.O. Box 608
Pago Pago, American Samoa
96799

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update. You will be a great service to many who need you. Take care and know we are praying for you. Bryan and Carla

    ReplyDelete