Saturday, October 12, 2013

Planting Seeds....

Dear family and friends,
I received this email yesterday from a dear sister in Cape Verde where I served the first 3 months of my mission. 
If anyone had doubts about the importance of sharing the gospel, even if we are only "planting seeds"...Doubt no more.
We may not always see the blossoms, 
but no one will, 
if the seed isn't planted in the first place. 

I love this gospel and I love "planting seeds"!!!

“And now, I ask, what great blessings has [God] bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?”

“Behold, I answer for you; … this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.” (Alma 26:2,3)
 
Sister Cassita


Hello, Sister Cassita!

How are you doing?
Do you remember a woman tha works at the hospital (she is the sister of the man who was Gracinda boyfriend)? Suzy is her name. She told me you talked to her about the gospel (the day you took Gracinda to the hospital), then she searched for the missionaries and she, her 2 sisters and their kids (aprox 10 person) have been baptized.
I'd like to share this with you, and let you know that you left a seed (in a simple conversation) that flourished.


Love,
Fernanda Mascarenhas

1 comment:

  1. Sister Cassita! Big hugs from Texas. I'm so glad to hear of the work you are doing. As I follow your messages, I am so inspired by your example of faith and praise.

    ReplyDelete